I have high hopes for 2008. Social media is starting to pick up steam in Quebec PR circles, and we should start to see some interesting campaigns gear up over the next few months. I’m contributing in my own small way : a group of us are bringing Third Tuesdays to Montreal as of February. The official promotion should begin mid-January.
There are already some not-to-miss conferences/PR & social media activities on my calendar for 2008. I’m organising or participating in some of them and hoping to be able to make all of them :
- Jan 15 : SQPRP panel disussion on social media (with yours truly)
- Feb 19 : Third Tuesday Montreal kickoff
- Feb 23-24 : PodCamp Toronto
- March : SQPRP youth-wing conference on media relations
- March 18 (to be confirmed) : Third Tuesday Montreal #2
- May? : Mesh
- June 22-24 : Podcasters Across Borders
- October? : Podcamp Boston
And, of course, I’ll try to catch as many monthly YULBiz, YULBlog and PodMTL meetups as possible. Now that I’ve launched my podcast, the PodMTL people can count on seeing me around quite often. The first of these monthly events is YULBlog on January 9th. So popular, the members didn’t want to skip a month.
Hat tip to Joe Thornley, who has drawn up a list of not-to-miss conferences of his own. Check them out.
All the best to you and yours for 2008.